Location: 2920 New Beaver Ave. Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and thatâ€ s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each personâ€ s individuality, because thereâ€ s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. Thatâ€ s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, thereâ€ s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELLâ€¦
The HVAC Tech I will provide ongoing support to the Facilities Operations team at our Cultivation and Production site.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision â€¦ pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assisting with repairing and maintaining HVAC, plumbing and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturersâ€ specifications or supervisorâ€ s instructions.
- Adjusting devices, instruments, belts and other equipment as needed
- Lubricating and cleaning pumps, motors, fans, machinery equipment and operating hardware
- Replacing washers packing, or parts on faucets, flushometers, valves, traps, etc.
- Clearing stoppages in sanitary or storm drainage systems using plumberâ€ s snake, vacuum or manual plungers
- Replacing gaskets, seals on water coolers and other equipment
- Replacing defective bulbs, sets, switches, fuses, and receptacles in buildings or on the exterior areas of the facilities
- Performing minor inspectional duties where directed
- Maintaining clean and safe operating conditions for plant and/or work areas
- Reports unsafe conditions, or building or equipment damage to supervisor
- Performing other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOUâ€ LL BRING
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required); Technical School Graduate preferred
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated progressive work experience
- HVAC Certification and Refrigeration Recovery License required
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOUâ€¦
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isnâ€ t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the â€ traditionalâ€ solution isnâ€ t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail at least 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision â€ why we exist â€ is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission â€ how we will do this â€ is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values â€ Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employeesâ€ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 19002PandoLogic. Keywords: HVAC Technician, Location: Wexford, PA - 15090