Application Engineering Manager, Salesforce
- Job Reference: 373350563-2
- Date Posted: 15 September 2021
- Employer: DoorDash
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
About the Team
The Merchant Product organization is a team of experienced product leaders that builds on the DoorDash vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world. Within this organization, the Business Applications team executes major initiatives to drive internal efficiency, strategically enables sales and services to exceed objectives, and manages the technical builds to meet these goals. It's a pivotal time to join the Business Application team as we are the backbone of helping DoorDash scale. Now more than ever, we need strategic thinkers and problem solvers who can help us reach our North Star goals.
About the Role
* Manage a team of administrators and developers to lead technical design for our Salesforce implementation and associated applications
* Collaborate with our team of solution architects to ensure our overall design is aligned with our architectural roadmap and center of excellence
* Work daily with your team, business system analyst, and program managers to execute on project deliverables
* Manage the planning, capacity, and development schedule for all projects
* Set development processes and expectations that reinforce the commitment to change management, quality, and our software development lifecycle
* Execute and uphold our agile delivery methodology with transparency for all of our stakeholders
* Provide best practices and documentation to improve our operational efficiency; objectively measure project team performance and provide guidance to improve
* Develop and demonstrate new strategies that apply technology to resolve organizational challenges
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
* Lead a team of technical individuals to design and implement scalable enterprise solutions
* Be part of the creative process with the business stakeholder and our solution architects
* Lead technical design and contribute toward a scalable architecture for the Business Application team
* Work cross-functionally with other product management and engineering teams to execute on large scale vision
* Scale our development efforts and operations through improved processes and automation
We're excited about you because…
* 7+ years of delivering enterprise solutions on the Salesforce platform
* Deep knowledge of both Salesforce declarative and programmatic development features
* 4+ years of managing multiple SCRUM teams in the capacity of an Application Engineering Manager or Team Lead
* A track record of delivering projects on-time by leveraging your experience in development processes, work estimation, and optimal resource allocation
* Passionate about scaling teams and growing individuals in their careers
* Excited to work in a rapidly changing environment
* Have the ability to manage multiple development teams simultaneously
* Strong presentation and technical writing skills to effectively communicate with other teams
* Certification Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Platform Developer II preferred
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
* We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
* We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
* We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
* We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
* We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
* We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at .
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.