My client, a UK rail design consultancy have the need for an Assistant Civil Design Engineer to join an existing team working on some major rail projects. The successful candidate will undertake the production of Civil design, working as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
• Carry out design and assessment work for civil and structural elements of projects with minimal supervision
• Identification of risks and hazards
• Produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
• Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
• Prepare design and assessment reports
• Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil and structural design
• Have knowledge of interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
• Ability to use the design software in the discipline including AutoCAD and Microstation
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
• Completed Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process