Mechanical Design Engineer EV Battery, Automotive, Northamptonshire, £30,000 - £45,000 circa + Benefits
Unknown Recruitment is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our R&D client due to continued growth. We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer with a demonstrated ability for design and development in a fast-paced environment to join our customer s Electrification team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting the team by producing design solutions that arise from new product design, customer requests, and other ad hoc activities. You must have a sound knowledge of engineering principles and materials, and an ability to apply your experience creatively in the development of world-leading innovative products
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Passionate about renewable energy system design.
- Have a good basic understanding of High Voltage batteries and their associated architecture although not essential.
- Degree or time served Mechanical Engineer with minimum 2 years experience in a design and development environment.
- Strong experience of CAD software, preferably CATIA V5, with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings.
- Understand the Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle System Design (especially batteries) and use cases.
- familiar with the requirements of cell, module and pack level integration within an application.
- Have an understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing.
- A confident and logical approach to solving engineering problems.
- Able to work with others and on your own more autonomously.
- Have experience of Analysis Tools used in support of your designs such as FEA or CFD.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
- Hybrid working is adopted for this position.