Cad Technician /Project Engineer
On behalf of our client, a large electrical contractor (an ICP), we are looking for an experienced CAD Technician /Project Engineer to join our client's team to work on power projects throughout the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Sheffield.
Specific Duties - further details to be given at interview stage
- Proficient in various CAD software packages and uses his technical knowledge to produce reliable and accurate deliverables.
- To be involved in meetings with clients, both in-house and on site.
- Responsible for providing initial design documentation and has project engineered these designs through to factory build.
- Responsible for workload and review of contract CAD technician's drawings and documents.
- The production of Single Line Diagrams, HV and LV switchgear electrical
Schematics (400V, 3kV, 11kV, 33kV), Block Cable Diagrams and schedules.
- Low Voltage Cable Calculations using Amtech. General Arrangements, 3D and 2D Models as well as Lighting layouts using DIALux.
- A deep understanding of AutoCAD and Navisworks as well as MicroStation and Microsoft Office packages
- HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering (or similar)
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential
As well as a competitive and attractive salary - proportionate to the knowledge and experience of the candidate - we offer the following additional benefits:
- Permanent contract and a rewarding career
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Private health and life insurance Fully expensed company vehicle and fuel card, or car allowance 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.