Job Description: CDL Class A Tractor Trailer Drivers Training available for new Drivers (Space is Limited) $50,000 - $55,000 First Year Earnings Sign on Bonus: $5,000 Regional Collection Routes
Monday - Friday Work
Guaranteed Minimum Weekly Earnings
Comprehensive and Affordable Benefits (available after only 30 days)
Company Paid Holidays and Vacations
Our customer is an internationally known automobile and truck manufacturer. The positions that we are interviewing for are collection routes. These routes are a combination of local (home daily) and layover (overnight one or two nights per week). You may run some weeks with no layovers (home daily) and then some weeks you may have one layover and some weeks two layovers but you are home on weekends either way.
You depart our Portage facility with an empty 53' van trailer and make multiple assigned stops at our customers vendors. At each stop the vendor will load their product on to your trailer. You, of course, will be responsible to secure the load before departing to your next collection stop. You will bring your full trailer back to the Portage cross dock where you will drop it in the assigned location.
- These are NO TOUCH FREIGHT collection route positions.
- This is Monday - Friday work only. No weekends.
- There is NO SLIP SEATING! Your tractor is assigned to you alone.
- You will be driving late model, well maintained, sleeper tractor (2016, or newer, Volvo) and pulling 53' trailers.
- Tractors have: Refrigerators, Inverters, 6 speaker surround sound, TV mounts
YOU ARE LAID OVER NO MORE THAN TWICE PER WEEK - SOMETIMES LESS!
The Pay - $50,000 - $55,000 + Annually
- $1,050 Per Week Minimum Pay ($945 Guaranteed Minimum should you not have a layover that week)
- You must be available to work all 5 days in the week to qualify for the minimum.
- Pay rate is $22.76 per hour (with minimum paid).
- $34.14 per hour overtime premium (after 40 hours/week)
- Annually scheduled increases.
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus Full Time Only
Please Note: As of the time of this communication all details of this job, and pay, are reflected accurately. However, based on changes to the business made by and/or to better serve the customer, the job details/pay are subject to change and those changes will be communicated to job applicants in a timely manner.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- A current CDL A and at least 6 months of verifiable experience driving a tractor/trailer.
- If you meet the 6 months minimum requirement but have less than one year of experience a certificate of completion from an accredited CDL training school is required.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have a good (not necessarily perfect) driving record:
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen as well as the DHL Supply Chain basic road test.
Successful applicants must have the ability to maneuver safely in both urban and suburban environments
DHL Also Offers:
Outstanding Affordable Benefits - (effective after only 30 days)
- Medical - Administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield and includes one free physical per year.
- Dental - Administered by Met Life and includes 2 free check-ups and cleanings per year (one includes complete X-Rays).
- Vision - Choose from either Davis Vision or VSP. Both include one free annual vision checkup at no charge.
Company Paid Benefits
- $40,000 Life Insurance Policy (double indemnity = $80,000)
- Short Term Disability Insurance Policy - Protection for up to 26 weeks.
- Vacations - After 6 months of employment you will begin accruing your vacation time at a rate of 80 hours (10 days) per year.
- Paid Holidays - You will enjoy 6 designated holidays and 3 personal holidays per year. Holidays are paid after completing 90 days of employment.
- 401K - Company Matching - No better way to save for your retirement. If you save 4% of your weekly pay the company will match you dollar for dollar every week. Save another 2% per week and DHL will match you $.50 on the dollar.
- To make this even better YOU OWN THE COMPANY CONTRIBUTION IMMEDIATELY. In other words, if you save $54.00 per week DHL will contribute around $45 per week to your account.
- Tuition Reimbursement - After one year of employment you can take college level courses and DHL will reimburse you for most, if not all, of your expenses.
- First Class Company Equipment - Late model and well maintained tractors and van trailers. All are covered by a full service lease.
- Work Life Program - Company supplemented and administered by OptumHealth.
- This service is a confidential, short term counseling and education program for a wide range of personal and lifestyle challenges.