Ohio will no longer participate in the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program beginning June 26 th , 2021. Apply now to secure your position!
Up to $17.50/Hour
$2000 sign on bonus for drivers who possess their CDL- P*
Have you considered being a Transit Bus Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via Sandusky Transit within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! As a Transit Bus Driver you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving - come work for us!
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do line of work!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Driver barriers have been installed to protect drivers. Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided
We're seeking CDL Holders with Passenger endorsements and Non-CDL applicants who are looking for rewarding work and a great work-life balance! As a First Transit Bus Driver, you will be able to enjoy work schedules that won't keep you away from home for days at a time.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- Up to $17.50/Hour
- $2000 sign on bonus for drivers who possess their CDL- P*
- We offer the opportunity to drive Transit Busses
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Full-Time, Year-round work
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer expires 7/31/21 see location for details
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.