Centre Lathe Turner (Manual)
15 - 17 per hour (D.O.E)
Our client is an ISO 9001:2015 Subcontract Engineering Company based in Merseyside. Originally established in the 1930s to support the local automotive, dock and shipping companies. Since then, they have gone on to become a first-choice supplier to blue chip companies from within the Defence, Oil & Gas, Fluid, and Power Generation Sectors, specialising in the manufacture and supply of drive train, precision valve and pump components.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Precision Pump Shaft Cell as a centre lathe turner at our Liverpool site.
- Working from and interpreting precision drawings
- Roughout and finish turn shafts up to 4m in length from raw bar stock.
- Roughout and finish turn shafts from forgings of various grades of steel, stainless steel, and alloy steels.
- Operation of a Centre Lathe
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Must be time served (NVQ 3 or Equivalent)
- Work from detailed engineering drawings
- Understand ISO 9001:2015 Quality Systems
- Previous experience in using steadies and turning precision pump shafts up to 4.0m in length.
- Previous experience with machining of exotic metals (super duplex, duplex, 718, x750, Hastelloy, Monel etc)
- Experience in a previous or similar position (2 years minimum)
- Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Good communication Skills with both peers and Management
- Attention to detail.
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Previous experience in finish turning multi-stage pump shafts.
- Other skills within a subcontract machine shop
Hours of Work:
- 39hrs per week + overtime
- Mon - Thurs 7.30 - 16.30 & Fri 7.30 - 12.30
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days rolling 52 weeks rate of pay (+8 days Bank Holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Corporate workwear
At the company's discretion subject scheme criteria and profitability targets being achieved
Average earnings holiday pay is subject to a 13wk probationary period and based over rolling 13wk period