LIFE AT BRP
We create innovative ways to move - on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 14 500 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it's not about the destination. It's about the journey. Yours.
We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP;
- Twitter @BRPnews;
- Facebook @BRPinfo.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- Shaping the future of the powersport industry by innovating and improving its products;
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment where collaboration is important;
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participate in the development of recreational products by optimising the vehicle fluid flow, heat management, aerodynamics and hydrodynamics;
- Preparing and executing CFD simulation mesh and model in 1D or 3D to represent the reality of the studied system;
- Simplify complex problems while keeping a good representation of the reality in order to optimize simulation time;
- Collaborate with engineering, design, laboratory and mechanical shop in every step of the product development;
- Identify and analyse the technical needs of the project. Be able to target missing information to perform reliable numerical simulation and proactively get the needed clarifications.
- Participate in defining performance criteria, build a validation plan to achieve them and follow its execution while meeting deadlines;
- Identifier les risques et les plans d'atténuation associés aux solutions étudiées;
- Identify risks and contingency plans associated with the work in progress;
- Balance analysis dept versus desired results on the final product;
- Based on simulation results, give recommendations on the technical direction to take by considering the pros and cons of the various solutions;
- Participate or lead the experimental testing associated with the proposed technical solutions. Adjust the numerical model as needed to improve the methodology for future projects;
- Build strong relationships with team members to grow professional relationships essential to long term success.
- Manage collaborators' expectations in an environment where simulation limits are not fully understood;
- Perform a technological watch and a continuous improvement on the methods and software's used.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- Master or PhD degree in mechanical engineering with 3 relevant years of experience in predictive engineering of fluid mechanics or 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge in fluid mechanics, heat transfer, aerodynamic and/or other thermo-fluid systems.
- Working with a mainstream CFD software (Star CCM+, PowerFLOW, FLUENT, etc.)
- Good teamwork with a positive attitude;
- You learn rapidly and have a strong curiosity.
- Shows creativity and innovation in your work.
- Are familiar with the operation and construction of mechanical systems for motor vehicles;
- Excellent capacity for analysis, synthesis and concise report preparation skills;
- Self-motivated, capable of working on multiple projects with minimal supervision in a multi discipline environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (machining, molding, forming, etc.) is an asset.
- Are fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Programming/scripting experience (Java, Matlab, VBA, etc.)
- Basics experience working with LINUX operating systems for using high computing cluster architectures.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA! >