77984 - Client Delivery Manager
This Client Delivery Manager will report to the Head of Client Delivery and will work within UKPN Services based in our Chatham office. You will be a permanent employee.
You will attract a salary depending on experience and a bonus of.10% plus a car allowance. This role can also offer blended working after probationary period (6 months) - 3 days in the office and 2 remote
We also provide the following additional benefits
- Annual Leave
- Personal Pension Plan - Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
- Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
- Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On - scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Manage experienced Project Managers and their Delivery teams (40 - 50 staff) operating in the safe delivery of internal and external diverse Projects, Operations and Maintenance contracts for private networks, and Major Railway System programmes of work for Network Rail and TFL.
Discharge all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as nominated Contractors Representative with strategic role in delivery of programmes of work for the Client.
Ensure all works are planned and implemented in a safe, considered and environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, following the UKPNS Governance Client requirements and Railway Investment Projects applicable to Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures.
Be Client-facing and provide a professional, first class Programme Management service to our Client's Project specific Senior Management team and the Consortium Board of Directors.
Budget: Up to 40 m
Staff: Up to 10 direct reports and total workforce of up to 50
- Manage a team in the Design, Construction, setting to work, monitoring, data analysis, budget control, change control and progress reporting to agreed timescales.
- Manage circa 100 Private Distribution Networks, which are of critical importance, specifically in the context of operating and maintaining and small projects. Our client's networks operate 24/7 across encompass multiple disciplines (both internal and external).
- Ensure the necessary teams are established to manage project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and authorising as budget holder the appropriate approvals before implementation.
- Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder's responsibility, including development of safe systems of work, project safety plans, work package plans, safety briefings and other associated documentation.
- Lead in the establishment of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
- Ensure rigorous cost control measures are in place and authorise or delegate change management and risk management to experienced staff within the project life cycle.
- Ensure communication (validation and verification) of information and important issues to all within the project team and to the Client.
- Establish a good working relationship and collaborative approach with Clients, consortium members and partners.
- Manage the delivery of Clients requirements in a safe and considered manner demonstrating value for money.
- Identify, mitigate and manage Project risk.
- Ensure Supply Chain Management.
- Manage the acquisition and deployment of resources for the project to ensure resource allocation for the projects.
- Accomplish all activities in compliance with UKPN policies, procedures agreed consortium rules and current legislation and Client requirements.
- Manage the establishment of the initial project baseline to provide measurement and control. The baseline will encompass; project documentation; important deliverables; delivery strategy; Resource requirements; outputs / measures; risks; dates and cost information.
- Undertake regular planned and unplanned safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are in place and followed.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Rail Systems element of the Projects and Business Development group delivers Government and other Customer requirements in meeting Rail systems upgrades and new build policies on a national scale.
We ask that you have experience in a project environment with railway experience and experience managing large diverse teams and complex projects for at least 5 years.
You will manage the Operations, Maintenance and Projects delivery for circa 100 clients within the local regional office footprint. This requires electrical distribution knowledge of both private and DNO operating systems specifically in the context of the UKPN Distribution Safety Rules (DSRs)
A sound commercial background with contractual knowledge in the UK is necessary . You will also be experienced in business, finance, engineering or project management.
You will manage the outputs of delivery teams to meet the Clients expectations.
You will ensure that all work is completed safely, to budget, on time and following the Clients requirements.
You will Chair regular strategic steering group meetings involving all aspects of delivery with a specific focus on safety and environmental sustainability.
- Experience managing complex projects under CDM.
- Experience of Project delivery across several sectors such as Rail, Construction, Operating and Maintaining Private Power sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with client, partners, UKPNS project teams and sub-contractors.
- Must be a motivational manager who can lead the team.
- Commercial and financial understanding, knowledge, and experience.
- An understanding of the commercial aspects of project control and the many forms of contract conditions.
- A people's person; A leader able to set targets and manage Performance reviews.
- Experience delivering on different Rail systems and excellent understanding of operations of the railway.
- ALO Duty Management.
- Rail Interface planning (RIPS) Duty Management.
- Prince 2 and or APMP
- Educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering or Civil or Business/Contract construction Management.
- IOSH Managing safety.
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- NEC3/4 Contracts
- Knowledge of traction and distribution HV Systems
- Knowledge of operating electrical networks internal and external to the DNO through the application of the DSR with elements applicable to private electrical networks
- ALO Duty Management.
- Rail Interface planning (RIPS) Duty Management
- NR 11, NR 12, NR 13 and NEC 3/4 contract experience
- Primavera P6
- Experience of using SAP
- Finance and Account experience.
- 15 years in Project / construction environment
- Experience in the Rail Industry
- Working knowledge, experience and detailed understanding of design and build railway contracts including handover and project close out
- Experience managing large complex projects in Rail, Power or multidisciplinary (other sectors)
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees will ensure they understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and where there are legal requirements, employees will understand those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.