CNC Machinist (CNC Miller or CNC Turner) Setter Operator
An established, specialist subcontract manufacturer to various industry sectors, being a Tier 1 accredited manufacturer of high-end precision machined parts and components to OEMs in Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear and Energy to name a few.
Offering state-of-the-art CNC Machining services on CNC Mills, CNC Lathes and with a fully equipment Quality Department including brand new CNC CMM equipment, this company offers unparalleled Precision Engineering solutions across both CNC Milling and CNC Turning with second-to-none Quality standards.
With a growing order book, currently full until February 2024 and with constant re-investment in brand new CNC Machine Tools and staff development, there are now positions open for skilled and experienced CNC Machinists to join this highly regarded business, being an "Employer of Choice" in the local area and across the Precision Engineering sector.
As the successful CNC Machinist, your main role will be to support the business in the manufacture of high-end Precision Machined parts and components for various industry sectors, working on state-of-the-art CNC Machines in the Milling and/or Turning departments depending on your skills and experience.
You will be working alongside a friendly and welcoming team of 18 other Precision Engineers with various age ranges, across 21 CNC Machines in both the Milling and Turning departments.
- CNC Machining - either in the CNC Milling and/or CNC Turning departments.
- Setting and Operating CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes running from Fanuc, Mazak, or Siemens controls (G codes).
- Editing of ISO programs, where required.
- Reading technical drawings.
- Working through the workload at a timely manner to help achieve monthly targets.
- Liaising with other sections to enable smooth workflow.
Skills & Attributes:
- CNC Milling or CNC Turning experience is a must.
- Set and Operator CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes.
- Editing of ISO programs
- Reading technical drawings
- Programming experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Hands on approach
- Wants to progress career, learn, and develop.
- Can work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
Hours of Work:
- 37hrs per week
- 7:30 am to 4 pm, Mon to Thurs.
- 7:30am to 12:30pm, Fri.
- Lunch break - 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm Mon to Thurs.
- £16.00p/hr (further rates can also be attained depending on experience such a Programming)
- Annual Holiday entitlement is 28 days + 8 statutory days (36days total).
- Pension - company and employee contribute 5%.
- Health Care.
- Discount scheme for shopping & activities.
- Free onsite parking with lots of free spaces.
- PPE and overalls provided by the company.