CNC Turner Programmer or Setter Operator
30,000 - 35,000per annum DOE
A company which specializes in producing high-quality packaging machine components and wear parts for various sectors. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, they have successfully collaborated with large multinational corporations. This company has demonstrated consistent growth and has garnered the trust of numerous international businesses. Their components have found applications in diverse and demanding packaging and processing scenarios, delivering substantial operational and financial benefits for their clientele.
We are seeking a skilled CNC Turner with a Mechanical Engineering background, adept in component manufacturing and CNC Programming, Setting and Operating, particularly with FANUC controls. Responsibilities include: interpreting engineering drawings, Programming, Setting & Operating CNC machines, and ensuring precision in production. Strong teamwork and communication skills are essential. Join us in a dynamic, precision-driven environment.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Mechanical Engineering background. Experience of manufacturing components from engineering drawings.
- General Mechanical Engineering and CNC Experience. Knowledge of machining components using CNC lathes. Ideally a knowledge of FANUC controls.
- An understanding of tolerances and the ability to read and understand engineering drawings. Ability to set, program and operate CNC machines
- An ability to work with minimal supervision, obtain first off inspection and to monitor components as they are being produced. Knowledge of work holding, fixtures and jigs
- Ideally completed formal engineering training with recognised qualifications. Such as B-Tec, HNC, HND or equivalent
- CNC mill experience would be an advantage but not essential. An understanding of machine cutting speeds and feeds. Experience of working within ISO9001 framework
- Ability to import and convert CAD files to CNC programs. Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Ability to improve efficiencies and cycle times by changing programs and continual improvement process
Personal Team Fit:
- The ability to work in a team. Priorities work with colleagues.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
Hours of Work:
- 40hrs per week
- Monday to Fridays