Our client is looking for a Compliance Clerk to join their team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the site is fully compliant with regards to its compliance obligations within the transport operation, reporting directly to the Transport Manager. Providing a first class service with their team in South East London, this role is based on a basic 40 hour week working Monday to Friday (7.30am until 4.30pm)
Relevant COVID-19 precautions will be taken during the recruitment process for this role
Looking for a shift they haven't mentioned? Our client is happy to offer flexibility regarding shifts and hours wherever possible. Get in touch today to discuss how our client can work with you.
Compliance Clerk Duties:
- To assist with compliance audits on site on a monthly basis.
- To comply with all company quality, security and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure site fleet numbers are correct with regards to Operators Licence
- To be responsible for raising Purchase Orders as and when required for repair agents.
- To check defect book for outstanding defects ensuring that defects are rectified in a timely manner, file paperwork and forward any completed defect paperwork on to the owning depot.
- To liaise with other depots with regards to any arranged services planned on the trailers currently located at other sites. Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and sent on in a timely manner.
- Update transform with service completed date and service paperwork received date.
Compliance Clerk Requirements:
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office.
- Knowledge of Driver Hours, Tachograph and WTD Legislation
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Leading and engaging people
- Self Starter who works on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Provide Leadership
- Strong computer skills required
- Experience working in a transport office.
- Good 'people skills' for working with a range of colleagues and customers
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- To be proactive
A bit about our client:
Our client has been delivering across the UK since 1833. Today, they are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - They keep moving forwards.