Dollarama is Canada's leading national operator of dollar discount stores and has grown to become a Canadian success story.
Dollarama employs approximately 20,000 retail employees, including full-time, part-time, and temporary employees. In addition, Dollarama employs approximately 350 head office employees housed in an eco-friendly headquarters located in Montreal, with annual sales of more than 3 billion dollars.
Dollarama is committed to meeting and exceeding its customers' needs through providing a comfortable and convenient shopping experience with the right merchandise at an affordable price that will keep its customers coming back.
The Outbound Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that goods are delivered to stores safely, efficiently, on time, and in accordance with all company procedures. The role includes planning, coordinating, and monitoring the freight from the Distribution Center (DC) to cartage carrier terminals, and from terminals to stores across the country. The incumbent will need to respond to store inquiries, and will work closely with stores, warehouses, and carriers to solve delivery issues.
The Coordinator is also responsible to handle all day-to-day tasks assigned by management, including (but not limited to) linehaul tracking, DC communication, data consolidation and verification, issue reporting, problem-solving, etc.
- Coordinate delivery and pickup operations;
- Track the shipment of merchandise to meet store demand with no delay;
- Coordinate special delivery requests (weekends, after hours, inter-stores transfers, etc.);
- Coordinate delivery exceptions (Pallets Refusals, Pallets missing, Pallet Damages, Direct Store Deliveries, etc.);
- Communicate with various stakeholders (transport companies, regional warehouses, District Managers, store managers, etc.) on special requests and projects;
- Answer all stores requests (received generally by email);
- Communicate plans for holiday delivery schedules, winter exception plans, etc.;
- Review transportation shipping issues with stores and communicate;
- Provide front line support to supervisors and operation managers (escalating issues if needed);
- Review payments and invoicing updates in system;
- Reporting (accumulation tracking, accumulation report, load plans, regional warehouse Inventory report and tracking, unconfirmed EDI reports).
- College diploma in a pertinent field or equivalent;
- At least two (2) years of experiences in the field or similar (customer service);
- Able to work under pressure in a fast pace environment with high volume;
- Detail oriented;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good computer knowledge and skills especially with Excel; SAP an asset;
- Experience in the retail industry is a definite asset;
- Bilingual (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.