Our client is looking for their next Design Engineer for new product development and existing product improvement. This position is located in Nashville, TN. Essential Job Functions
Written Communications Required Qualifications
- Complete full product design cycles for weapons mounts and related accessories:
- Create detailed design of structural components, assemblies, and mechanical systems related to weapon mounts and vehicular interfaces, often with limited reference material and/or field captured data
- Use DFMA principles and design for compatibility to in-house manufacturing processes:
- Solve interdisciplinary technical challenges by collaborating with:
- Design to various military/federal/commercial specifications & standards controlling materials, coatings, performance, and human factors; ability to research and understand such specifications & standards as needed
- Write test plans and conduct testing required to validate designs
- Manage designs and engineering change proposals/orders within a revision-controlled SolidWorks CAD environment
- Analyze mechanical structures for safety factor/static margin determination using SolidWorks FEA and structures manuals
- Anticipate and mitigate failure modes associated with corrosion, material strength/fatigue, and human factors (unconventional usage, etc.)
- Create complete technical data packages
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience
- Firm understanding of conventional manufacturing processes - especially machining, fabrication, and coating
- Strong materials science background including metals, plastics, and composites with emphasis on fatigue/failure modes
- Proficiency with SolidWorks; equivalent 3D modeling software with significant experience is acceptable
- Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Ability to travel
- Strong knowledge of modern military weapons, weapon mounts, and military vehicle systems
- SolidWorks Simulation Premium or Altair software proficiency preferred.
If you're thinking of making a change and want to learn more, reach out to me. Your current employer need not know. This is confidential.
Please contact (see below) or 605.655.2313.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.