Title: Sr. Civil Engineer Location: Naperville, IL Overview:
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S. Job Description:
The Design Engineer II is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with ongoing supervision. The Design Engineer II will work closely with senior engineers to receive technical guidance on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Design Engineer II. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies technical knowledge to designs and ensures projects meet specifications
- Communicates challenges about scope, cost, schedule and quality
- Works with Designers and Drafters to complete design packages
- Gains an understanding of CAD programs and the software analysis tools utilized in engineering design
- Supports the preparation of simple to moderately complex designs or small portions of larger projects, including calculations and drawings
- Interacts with clients on a limited basis
- Understands and applies appropriate industry codes, standards, and regulations
- Self-checks work assignments prior to submitting for review, completes work with minimal errors. Participates in peer reviews and QC reviews.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from ABET accredited university
- 2+ years' experience in electric distribution design within the utilities industry
- Skill to use hand-eye coordination, visual (near) acuity and depth perception.
- Skill to use effective verbal and listening communications.
- Ability to read, understand and closely follow both client and data standards and practices.