Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Designer to work in a team environment, draw breaker schematics, electrical system single line diagrams, panels, switchgear details, BOM's, and panel wiring diagrams. If you have experience and an interest in these areas, please consider applying! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create detailed physical and electrical designs, bills of materials and support job estimates.
2. Prepare CAD drawings and other project documentation.
3. Provide design engineering support to project technical leads.
4. Prepare technical specifications for review.
5. Complete assigned work within timelines and budgets with a high level of quality.
6. Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in SEL and industry design practices.
7. Lead in the mentoring and training of interns, drafters and entry level designers.
8. Utilize customer or SEL standards to create project designs and documentation to a high degree of quality under the general supervision of the project technical lead.
9. Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of SEL equipment and solutions for electric power system protection and automation.
10. Develop improvements to available processes and tools and lead creation of process enhancements.
11. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
12. Understand. Create. Simplify.
13. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
Associate degree in EET, CAD, Drafting, or relevant discipline; or possess equivalent experience for each academic year
Five plus years of relevant experience with high voltage electrical design, with over five projects in protective relay controls systems.
Ability to learn concepts and technical details of products
Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
Expert competence in CAD drafting (AUTOCAD or Microstation)
Excellent understanding of the installation requirements for protective relays of different type and function
Demonstrated presentation skills to engineering groups
Willing to travel as needed
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s) Preferred Qualifications
Possess a BSEE, BSET or related design degree from an accredited college or university
Experience testing and commissioning protective relay, process control, and SCADA control systems
Electrical utility, consulting, or system integrator experience
Knowledge of protective relay applications and/or automation applications Physical Requirements
None. Location Information Charlotte, NC An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!