ARCTOS is seeking a Digital Engineering Artifact Specialist with experience in model-based systems engineering (MBSE) to join our technical team supporting the Air Force Research Laboratory, Aerospace Systems Directorate, Air Vehicles Division (AFRL/RQV) under an active, funded ARCTOS prime contract.
AFRL/RQV is establishing an enduring capability to develop and maintain digital engineering artifacts aligned with its Science & Technology (S&T) programs. This capability addresses evolving Air Force needs to create, share, import, and export curated data and models associated with all facets of the weapons systems life cycle to ensure that artifacts are findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable. These needs encompass the range of data and model needs projected for validated modeling, simulation, and analysis, ground testing, and flight testing to enable rapid product development, transition, and establish pedigreed authoritative source of truths for system-of-system portfolios.
The Digital Engineering Artifact Specialist will:
- Work with the AFRL Air Vehicles Digital Transformation Lead to apply digital standards to life cycle data and models to identify S&T contributions to weapons systems creation and transition.
- Collaborate with AFRL Program Managers to accelerate product development in a digital environment.
- Interface with modeling and simulation, ground test, and flight test subject matter experts to develop and publish project deliverables.
The Digital Engineering Artifact Specialist will work with stakeholders to:
- Translate complex technical issues into functional language to enable trade space analysis and model based decision making.
- Capture and implement functional requirements to identify tailored digital engineering solutions for programs with different needs.
- Develop dashboards to communicate digital health and reuse of curated division data and models on Government integrated digital environments (IDEs) and cloud architectures.
- Collaborate with the Air Vehicles Digital Transformation Lead to design, implement, and maintain sustainable digital engineering best practices for managing enduring digital threads for aerospace system-of-systems portfolios.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate requirements into a suitable digital format.
- Work with stakeholders to identify relevant digital engineering artifacts that contribute to program definition.
- Import, assess, and modify digital engineering artifacts produced by in-house and external organizations as needed to accelerate new program development and transition.
- Assist customers with modeling best practices and innovations.
- Train customers on reusing existing data and models.
- Assist customers in defining new ways to leverage MBSE to identify S&T contributions to weapons systems creation and transition.
- Work with the Air Vehicles Digital Transformation Lead to support trade-space analysis with stakeholders to develop effective solutions.
- Create briefings and technical documents adhering to digital S&T standards to assist stakeholders with model-based decision making.
- Collaborate with IDE system administrators (on-site and cloud-based repositories) to quantify and communicate infrastructure needs; analyze and evaluate data and model reuse and other repository analytics.
- Advise IDE system administrators on technical stack evolution to promote weapons systems product certification.
- Collaborate to analyze and evaluate IDE system performance, and communicate anticipated infrastructure enhancements based on data-driven analytics.
- Advise digital engineering tool users on installing and configuring model-based systems engineering software solutions.
- Assist stakeholders with designing & building data and model management plans tailored for a specific digital engineering pilot, pathfinder, or program.
- Test deployed digital engineering software tools and trouble shoot workflow anomalies.
- Other duties as assigned by the AFRL Air Vehicles Digital Transformation Lead.
- B.S. degree in data science, information science, computer science or relevant experience associated with systems engineering and digital product development and transition
- Must be U.S. citizen with ability to maintain a security clearance (Secret)
- Minimum of 3 years (5-10+ years desired) of relevant technical experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations to diverse stakeholder communities
- Experience reading and comprehending MBSE software diagrams, using this knowledge to inform stakeholder decision making, and extracting value-added artifacts from digital product workflows
- Experience managing proprietary data and models in a digital engineering environment
- Familiarity with issues associated with deploying and managing IDEs, and scalability issues involving cloud storage and processing infrastructure
- Experience with a range of model-based systems engineering software solutions, including open-source software such as Capella and its Arcadia process, to commercial software offerings such as Sparx Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, or Cameo Systems Modeler and the Object-Oriented Systems Engineering Modelling (OOSEM) process
- Familiarity with NASA's evolving model-based ontological research focused on model representation that does not rely on SysML standards
- System-of-systems design, analysis, and acquisition in a Department of Defense, Department of Energy, or NASA environment, or in a commercial setting such as automotive or heavy equipment industries
- Experience building data-driven analytics dashboards using Tableau-class enterprise software
Job Type: Full-Time (100%)
Location: Dayton, OH (Wright-Patterson AFB)
Travel: Occasional travel may be required and will be performed under the guidelines of Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and/or Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
With a team of more than 200 employees supporting customers from coast to coast, ARCTOS is a leading provider of application-tailored technology solutions, customer-focused technical program management, specialized technical studies and analyses, and sought-after leadership of workforce development initiatives and outreach activities for aerospace and defense technical communities.
ARCTOS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to reviewing your application!