We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer service and team oriented Driver Lead with a Class A/B license and experience driving large trucks to utilize your experience across the Sturtevant area. You will be leading a team of 15 and ensuring all daily goals are met in a timely and efficient manner within your team.
In addition to monitoring and overseeing the transportation team, you will also collect medical waste containers from our customer locations while delivering a high level of customer service daily. This is a physical role involving heavy lifting and the loading and unloading of containment units filled with sharps and medical waste containers. Our fleet of dedicated drivers are the backbone of our mission to Make Healthcare Safer. What will your job involve?
What are we looking for?
- Supervises transport team and ensures all deliveries are made in a timely manner
- Enforces a high standard of customer service and outstanding attention to detail with all deliveries
- Manages training and assists employees and new hires
- Safely collects, delivers and stores our medical waste containers
- Provides strong customer service and patience as it relates to our customers
- Operates vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Performs on time delivery practices and clearly communicates changes or challenges as they arise
- Loading and unloading | Prioritizes and organizes your truck per schedule and business needs
- Manages a route per business needs | delivers timely, efficient, and effective service
- Complys with DOT regulations, logging hours and roadside inspections
Why work for us?
- 1+ years of previous leadership experience preferred
- Class A/B license with a clean driving record and valid medical card
- Six months of driving experience with tractor trailers and/or straight trucks
- Willingness to work full time hours, approx. 40-50 hours a week
- Experience with pre-trip and post-trip vehicle evaluations
- Experience operating vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Experience with DOT compliance, logging hours, roadside inspections
- Confident in a road check level 1 through level 3
- On time delivery practices
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
- Ability to plan, analyse and challenge team
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders
- Solid understanding of all people related processes and procedures
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality and customer service.
Who are we?
- Job stability - as an essential service to healthcare we are non-seasonal and recession proof.
- Opportunities for overtime - we always need extra hands on deck so overtime opportunities are plentiful
- Consistent work hours - Monday- Friday position 5:00AM start time
- Benefits - Full time roles are provided benefits, sick leave and vacation leave from day one
- Permanent position - This is a Full-time role offering a VERY COMPETITIVE PAY!
- New Hire Bonus - Get an extra $500 after successfully completing all requirements of probation period
- Safe work environment - We supply above and beyond the standard PPE protocols for safe handling of medical waste - find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and regulated waste collections for hospitals and an array of customers within the healthcare industry. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, improve infection control and reduce the environmental footprint of our customers. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
If this sounds like the role for you, or somebody you know then we look forward to speaking with you!
To find out more of what a day in the life of a driver looks like visit - Driving with Daniels!
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.