Aircoach, who are part of First Group, are looking for a Driver Performance Manager, to lead the improvement of the driving standard through thorough training, quality investigations and meaningful assessments of our driving team.
You will work with our Staff Manager, to ensure our front-line team are well trained and well equipped, to provide the best customer journey to our passengers.
You will be passionate about delivering and managing all aspects of our Customer Experience and Safety and Driver training, whilst incorporating the Aircoach and First Group vision, values, policies and procedures.
What will you be doing?
* Leading the culture change, purpose of assessment and incident investigation, for our driving team
* Working alongside our Driver trainer, to ensure our customer service training puts the customer at the heart of our service delivery
* Facilitating the delivery of all aspects of training for both new and experienced drivers, including; key safe working practices, driving skills assessments, manual handling and ensuring the training programmes are relevant and fit for purpose
* Co-ordinating and monitoring the work of all new and experienced drivers, to ensure they feel supported, confident and competent in their roles and any issues are reported to the Operations and Transport Manager
* Maintaining Route Risk assessments for all services, to cover dead mileage and test routes, as well as live mileage
* Managing and coordinating our CCTV process across the Operating Company, including viewing footage, completing audits and providing factual evidence as required, to requesting authorities including Transport Claims Limited
* Overseeing Aircoach driving hours compliance and managing any driver infringements accordingly
What are we looking for?
* Excellent communication skills to deliver presentations, facilitate learning and explain complex issues, to a range of audiences with various levels of understanding
* Experience of delivering instructional training, including demonstrating complex tasks effectively, to a range of audiences with various levels of understanding
* A positive, people centric attitude, with the ability to accept and embrace change
* A passion for customer service, through understanding and prioritising the customer journey
* Pro-active, tenacious, and self-managing, with a strong personal drive and the ability to work without close supervision to achieve deadlines
* A role model for learners and existing drivers, who is interested in new ideas/opportunities and an enthusiastic mentor for Driver Standards Coach's and Driver Trainers
* A valid PCV licence is an advantage, either EU or UK
* Should hold or be willing to work towards RSA Approved Driving Instructor qualification (in any category) and have experience of carrying out assessments with a recognised qualification e.g TAQA
* Occupationally competent in the bus and coach industry or other transport sector.
* Experience of carrying out Risk Assessments within the workplace and an understanding of the Health and Welfare at work Act 2005 (Holder of an IOSH or other recognised Health and Safety qualification)
What can we offer you?
* A competitive salary of €48k-£51k dependenton experience
* Flexible working
* Free Bus Travel
* Discounted Shopping on certain brands
Who are we?
Aircoach are Ireland's favourite coach operator, with services from Dublin Airport to Cork, Belfast, Galway and three routes to Dublin City Centre and onward to South Dublin & Wicklow. We are proud of our Airport Coach Operator of the Year 2020 title, and we remain committed to innovation. Hop on board our modern coaches for safe, reliable, convenient journeys to Dublin Airport and beyond - all at a great value.
If you want to be a significant part of Ireland's favourite coach operator, then APPLY NOW!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves