Electrical Bias, Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician

  • Job Reference: 431558174-2
  • Date Posted: 26 November 2021
  • Employer: McIver Knight
  • Location: Wigan, Lancashire
  • Salary: £33,500
  • Sector: Engineering and Technical
  • Job Type: Permanent

Job Description

Electrical Bias, Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician

Straight DAYS (8:30am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 8:30-3:45pm Fri)

£33,500 + excellent benefits (see below)

Permanent Position in Western Greater Manchester

The Company

My client is a continuous process manufacturing organisation based near Wigan, Greater Manchester and are currently seeking to add an experienced Electrically biased but Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to their team. The company are a multimillion-pound business manufacturing specialist products to a worldwide customer base.

Key Responsibilities:

  • To carry out the most appropriate and effective repairs to electrical, electronic, and mechanical plant in line with engineering standards and legislative requirements (ISO Standards, 18th edition etc)
  • To carry out testing and inspection of electrical, electronic & mechanical plant in line with testing timetables
  • To maintain stock spares to the agreed levels to provide continuous running of all essential electrical & mechanical plant and equipment
  • To support the Planned Preventative Maintenance system, ensuring actions are completed in line with requirements
  • To carry out in house calibrations in line with company policies and procedures
  • To assist in conception, installation, and maintenance of engineering projects
  • Under the guidance of the Maintenance Team Leader, contribute to engineering/electrical and instrumentation drawings and documentation, ensuring they are kept up to date and in compliance with appropriate standards and legislation
  • To assess the risks associated with all work carried out and take adequate precautions
  • To preserve product quality by considering the opportunities for product contamination and product failure; taking appropriate control measures to prevent defects occurring
  • To drive for a proactive maintenance system to decrease reactive maintenance downtime

You Should:

  • Be an Apprentice trained Electrical Engineer with a Level 3 Qualification (C&G 2365) as a minimum.
  • Hold your 17th or 18th Edition C&G 2382 Certificate
  • Be experienced in fault-finding and problem solving PLC's and HMI's
  • Be used to operating in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, to challenging deadlines.

In Return - the company can offer:

  • A salary of £33,500
  • An excellent pension scheme - 3% employee, 6% employer (for a total of 9%)
  • 34 days holiday (incl. statutory bank holidays)
  • Plus: Life Assurance 3x Salary, Childcare Vouchers, Personal Development Reviews, Physio, etc, etc
  • Excellent training & development, plus opportunities for career progression and further education.

This role really is a great opportunity to join a very successful, growing and reputable NW manufacturing company. This is an urgent requirement and so interviews will be arranged quickly in the coming weeks.