Public sector organisation, Full time, Monday - Friday, 6 month+ contract, flexible working location, £35k+.
Your new company
Hays are representing a large tertiary educational provider who have four campus' in Northern Ireland which comprises a number of buildings ranging in ages and design including administration buildings, lecture theatres, sports halls, laboratories and libraries as well as an expansive outdoor landscape incorporating sports pitches and car parking.
They are seeking a Electrical Building Services Engineer to overseeing Electrical Planned Maintenance and Statutory Compliance along with Asset Lifecycle planning and costing.
Your new role
This is a contract position for an initial period of c.6 month while the organisation completes a restructuring exercise within their Estates Department. Therefore there is a genuine opportunity to secure a permanent position with this organisation.
You will have the option to be based from the Belfast, Coleraine or Derry/Londonderry sites with the responsibility for overseeing electrical compliance across 4 sites along with planned maintenance carried out by a direct labour team and/or external contractors. You will provide technical advice and services in relation to electrical systems and assets including assuring standards and quality levels for projects, refurbishments, asset purchases and maintenance, and have accountability for long term building condition, asset uptime and system resilience.
Reporting to the asset Manager you will support them in contributing to strategic matters affecting the estate such as life cycle planning and cost modelling.
What you'll need to succeed
This organisation are seeking someone who has strong knowledge of current electrical regulations, experience of scheduling workloads and managing internal and external trades personnel and contractors.
The main requirement for this role are:
- Experience in a management role relating to estates engineering services operating across a significant estate.
- Experience of cost management of engineering plant operations, maintenance or development works.
- A minimum of 3 years recent relevant experience within a property/construction or estate management role.
- Experience of leading teams of internal and/or external property/construction professionals.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, property databases and project/facilities management packages and knowledge of CAD.
- Experience of managing technical engineering, maintenance or development contracts with a cumulative value over £1m.
- Experience of providing technical oversight and assurance of projects with an individual value over £1M.
- Experience of developing and monitoring / assuring technical standards.
- Experience of successful budget management.
- Experience of developing business cases.
What you'll get in return
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly professional public sector estates department who are currently restructuring their estates team, which will allow the successfully appointed person for this role the opportunity to apply and join them on a permanent basis.
Salary £35,389 pro rata
Weekly payments via BACS transfer
Online timesheet submission
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.