US-VA-Newport News | US-VA-Gloucester
Canon Virginia, Inc.Requisition ID:
Provides electrical engineering support to implement or improve production equipment and/or systems including, but not limited to, automated assembly or process lines. Performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for equipment/process issues. Develops and implements appropriate countermeasures.Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to generate and implement effective, imaginative solutions to problems. Monitor and track the effectiveness of the countermeasures and/or next steps.
- Proficient in creating complex vision system programs. Troubleshoots and edits complex programs. May review other members' programs for accuracy, functionality, and/or adherence to standards.
- Coordinates and leads schedule and planning meetings and/or acts as the ME representative at meetings.
- Develops, manages, and tracks budgets for department and assigned projects including spending schedules. Ensures projects stay within budget; initiates actions to meet or exceed approved budget targets.
- Develops concepts and implementation plans for large scale, complex, equipment and/or process projects. Identify resources required and prioritize actions effectively.
- Acts as the Engineering lead for problem investigations. Assists members in developing/improving their investigative skills and techniques.
- Solves complex issues and design or improve equipment and processes. Acts as a technical resource to guide and improve other members' knowledge and ability.
- Reviews other members' drawings, etc. for accuracy, clarity, and/or adherence to CVI ME drawing standards, etc. Mentor and review junior members' technical reports, documentation, etc.
- Creates divisional/interdivisional policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and ability to research, interpret, and apply standards (NEC, NFPA, etc.) proactively and consistently to maintain employee safety and code compliance. Identifies and utilizes outside resources to ensure regulatory compliance when necessary.Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field d and 5-8 years' experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC and HMI programming (Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi preferred), panel layout design, AutoCAD, NFPA Standards and NEC Standards.
- Experience with robotic and vision systems a plus.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C++ and other programming languages a plus.
- Requires experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company needs.Company Overview
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination.