24-7 are currently working with a long established company who are looking for a fully skilled Electrical maintenance engineer to work with one of our companoies growing maintenance department.
Electrical Maintenace Engineer
This post is within the Maintenance department.
Your duty will be to assist in and resolve the day-to-day electrical maintenance of tube manufacturing & slitting line machinery, attend breakdowns, log all work completed on the maintenance system
Support Mechanical engineers to reduce machine downtime and keep key plant running.
Carry out planned and preventative maintenance task in accordance with the maintenance plan.
Build key relationships with Department managers and Shop floor operatives through clear concise communication.
Be proactive in your approach to problems and subsequent counter measures.
Follow all health and safety legislation and company rules when undertaking the role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To carry out all duties within the scope of the Company mission and values and to support and encourage practices to meet this end.
- To carry out work in a safe manner, following correct procedure.
- To ensure all breakdowns are kept to a minimum.
- To ensure all planned work is completed with minimal disruption to production.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest standards both from yourself and others within the team.
- To log all work carried out on maintenance system.
- All parts used or replaced are to be logged.
- Hand over to next shift must be clear concise and accurate.
- Overtime both planned and reactive will be expected to support the business.
- To report any potential problems Shift Manager or Plant Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- City and Guilds or equivalent trained & electrical qualifications up to 18th edition.
- PC skills for maintenance system.
- Worked within a manufacturing environment with heavy machinery.
- Understanding of machinery electrical and electronic circuits and systems.
- Basic mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Training on and with current machinery and plant will be given during probation period and support from all team members will be offered to allow successful transition into business.
- Training for further specific job-related tasks that require training will be offered once probation period has been successfully passed.
Electrical engineer 30-32k three shift rotating, night shift carries 20% premium
Company pension, Company Bonus and overtime
mandatory drugs and alcohol testing