Job Title: Engineer (Documentation)
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom, BS1 6BX
Compensation: £37,165 + pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF37521
Have you ever considered how the components, systems and interfaces are managed through operational life in the most complex man-made engineering asset in use by the Royal Navy today? Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit a Technical Documentation Engineer to join our skilled In Service Engineering team working within our Naval Nuclear Business Unit based in Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
As a Technical Documentation Engineer you will assist in managing the most complex man-made engineering asset in use by the Royal Navy on a daily basis, by ensuring that the documentation supporting Royal Navy submarine systems and equipment is continually relevant and fit for purpose.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for someone to be responsible for:
* The identification, prioritisation, and management of reviews of submarine related technical documents to agreed contractual requirements
* Managing and delivering this programme of work whilst aiming to exceed our customer's expectation.
* Taking ownership of your responsibilities while working closely with design and equipment authorities to identify new opportunities to grow the service in the future.
The experience you'll bring
We are looking for a talented and meticulous person with an engineering, mechanical or electrical background, as a Project Manager or in Technical Documentation would be an advantage.
* You will have the ability to understand and deliver technical requirements and manage simultaneous projects / tasks in a constantly shifting environment including the delivery of tasks on time, within budget and meeting customer quality standards.
* You will also be able to actively consider the wider picture, identifying patterns and connections between issues/situations that are not obviously related and make appropriate decisions, which may impact on others, based on an informed judgment.
* You will possess extensive IT skills within MS Office and project management tools as well as a high attention to detail.
What a role with Babcock offers
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to broaden their experience in a FTSE250 company that is leading the delivery of In Service Support to a variety of Nations and Naval Vessels across the world.
We believe in creating an inclusive working environment based on dignity and respect, bringing together individuals from many different backgrounds to give us fresh perspectives and new ideas whilst working towards giving back to the environment to build a sustainable future.
* 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
* Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
* Employee Share plan
* Autonomy - trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 2 weeks special paid leave
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 28/01/2022