As an Engineering Product Manager III at C.H. Robinson, you will leverage your passion for delivering world class products to translate business problems into epics, user stories, and features that delight our Global Forwarding customers and achieve business objectives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with software engineers, project managers, and other product managers on high visibility projects in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and promotes creativity, personal development, and fun. You will be responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing, and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. You will collaborate with business partners and engage with customers and user to help define the vision for the product or service you're supporting.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office. Responsibilities:
- Understand and translate business and customer needs into software development work for feature requirements in your product domain to deliver business results
- Analyze and document identified business process and/or improvement needs given information from multiple stakeholders and data sources
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to create user centered stories that align with our enterprise architecture vision
- Understand and identify opportunities for improvement on business processes and technology solutions
- Set deliverables for your domain and keep team leaders and business partners informed on deliverables; identify and escalate risks that could impact project or feature deadlines
- Research and stay informed on comparable products in the market and what competitors are doing; leverage this information to guide what your business and customers are requesting
- Partner with others to create, coordinate and execute on test plans: quality assurance testing (QA), user acceptance testing (UAT), and defect and issue tracking
- Recognize when others need assistance and act as a coach and mentor for them
- Minimum of 4 years of combined engineering product management and industry experience
- Experience shipping large scale, commercial grade software (custom built and/or off-the-shelf solutions)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience delivering projects using agile and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Exposure to Agile and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience reading and writing analytical queries using SQL, PowerBI, etc., to support research and analysis
- Knowledge of global forwarding business and U.S. customs brokerage
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with a global team of peers and stakeholders
- Experience facilitating meetings, keeping focus and balancing multiple viewpoints from stakeholders
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Standing out among the world's largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world's economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn's Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we're not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.