Platform Resourcing are working in Partnership with an international manufacturing company situated close to Pencoed in South Wales. Due to an increase in demand, they are looking to employ an Engineering Shift Manager. The Shift Engineering team provide critical expertise and support to maintain the performance of the production team.
The successful candidate will maintain efficient and effective manufacture of products, monitoring performance and productivity of production team members. You will plan resources, monitor quality output, ensure maintenance of machinery, carry out 121's and drive initiatives whilst motivating team members, providing essential coaching and developing your team's skills. You will also be heavily involved in driving continuous improvement, working with the Senior Management team to improve efficiencies and overall production performance.
Engineering Shift Manager Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to 45,000 dependent on experience
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Excellent company pension scheme
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Onsite gym and wellness programme
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted products
- Private healthcare
Engineering Shift Manager Key Responsibilities
- Monitoring team productivity and performance.
- Performance reviews with individual team members, highlighting good work and raising any performance issues.
- Creating plans to improve performance and develop existing skills.
- Maximise team potential through training, mentoring and practical experience.
- Support the technical and career developments of the team.
- Maintaining Production Machinery and equipment (TPM Planning).
- Management of Spare parts.
- Budget control - Spend, Scrap, Resourcing.
- Working closely with the Quality Manager.
- Lead Problem solving activities where appropriate - DMAIC Approach.
- Writing and communicating technical reports.
Engineering Shift Manager Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified to minimum ONC/ HNC/ HND level, in an engineering discipline either Electrical or Mechanical.
- Proven track record within a management role within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Experience of carrying out performance reviews/ 121s.
- Mentoring experience, ability to develop and motivate team members.
- Experience of producing reports on performance, KPIs and productivity.
- Ability to lead a team, drive initiatives, and deliver results.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- Demonstrate a can-do, will-do attitude and leading by example.
- A willingness to develop own knowledge and skills.
- Problem solving experience.
Desirable But Non Essential:
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint would be beneficial.
- An understanding of Electrical products such as circuit boards/ Surface mount technology.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency