Are you interested in joining a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station? As exclusive partner to Holtec Britain we're looking for an Environmental Engineer to support their main environmental report for the Generic Design Assessment (GDA) and as part of Holtec Britain's wider business strategy.
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unconditionally safe and secure source of clean energy, the SMR-160 small modular reactor. This position is offered by Holtec Britain as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry. Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station.
What you'll be doing:
Your role will be diverse, contributing to the environmental case for GDA, conducting BAT assessments, finalising sampling and monitoring plans, quantifying discharge limits, and performing conventional impact assessments.
You'll prepare and deliver presentations to both internal and external stakeholders, including nuclear regulators; defending environmental design positions and actively participating in a project-driven, integrated engineering team.
You'll also play a pivotal role in coaching and mentoring team members, fostering their technical and personal development for effective project delivery.
For this role you'll need:
- Degree qualifications in an engineering or science related discipline.
- Excellent credentials in principles of environmental assessments.
- The ability to work independently and balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills which you'll put to use both within and outside of the business
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to confidently present at multiple organisational levels and to external regulatory stakeholders is imperative.
- Credible decision making skills and the ability to create confidence through crafting of strong justifications and arguments.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
This is a unique moment in time when joining the UK nuclear sector, with a specific focus on Small Modular Reactor technologies, presents a unique and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of clean energy innovation, contribute to the country's energy security, and shape the future of sustainable power generation. Are you ready to take an exciting step within a field where you can make a significant impact and contribute to a greener and more sustainable future?