Environmental Remediation Project Manager - ( 210002KP )Description
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.Your Opportunity
As an Environmental Remediation Project Manager, your role will be to lead teams to implement projects through all phases of a project's lifecycle. You will be responsible for overseeing environmental staff to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction, on-time delivery and profitable performance.Your Key Responsibilities
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients
- Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications, and project permitting
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
- Assists in analyzing current and emerging technical issues, and implementing actions to proactively address market, business, regulatory, and/or economic issues.
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/ projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment; accepted as accurate and feasible.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
- Review work of junior staff.
- Applies technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Executes specific technical tasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of routine and moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners.
Education and Experience
- Familiar with USEPA Superfund, NYSDEC Brownfield, and other Environmental Regulatory Programs.
- Capable of serving as technical lead, interfacing with clients, engaging local and remote staff, and interacting with regulatory agencies in the execution of site investigation and remedial projects.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight and mature engineering or geologic judgment in anticipating and solving project challenges.
- Strong management and communication skills with the ability to provide technical leadership on projects and organizing project teams.
- Capable of participating and collaborating in project team setting to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to prepare successful proposals, then manage project deliverables, budgets, and schedules to meet client requirements.
- Thorough understanding of engineering and geologic concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of project documents.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pre-employment physical, drug testing, and good driving record are required.
Bachelors or Masters' degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, with an emphasis on Environmental Engineering and Remediation, Geology or Environmental Sciences. Licensed Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist with 5-10 years of experience in NYS is required. Experience with PFAS is desired.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: United States-New York-RochesterJob
: Environmental ScientistOrganization
: BC-2134 Environmental Services-US NortheastEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Dec 1, 2021, 1:43:23 PMReq ID:
Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans