Are you searching for a challenging and exciting career in the world of innovative technology, then look no further. IPG Photonics remains at the forefront of these technological advances within the semiconductor industry. IPG's state-of-the-art processes and products give you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and manufacturing skills, from operations to equipment repair and troubleshooting, in a demanding and challenging production environment.
IPG offers excellent benefits including; Discretionary Bonus, 3 weeks paid vacation plus sick-time, 12 paid holidays, Tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, and much more!
The Equipment Technician will be responsible for maintenance, repair and continuous improvement efforts for a variety of systems and equipment in a class 1000 semiconductor wafer fab. Will work as a team in a group atmosphere to assure continuous operation of diode manufacturing systems and equipment. Areas of coverage include vacuum coating, photolithography, and dry/wet etch equipment used in semiconductor manufacturing cleanroom. Coverage in multiple areas is required.
- Monitors, maintains and performs a variety of complex repairs on semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to ensure uninterrupted production flow. Also performs and oversees periodic preventive maintenance procedures as defined by specifications.
- Provides technical support in the form troubleshooting, installation, diagnostics, repair, modification, assembly and calibration according to specifications.
- Identify root cause of equipment malfunctions and implements corrective action parameters.
- Performs electrical, mechanical, software troubleshooting for related equipment using test and diagnostic equipment as required.
- Assists Engineering in commissioning of new fabrication equipment with layout, assembly, installation and maintenance pipe systems and related equipment.
- Work closely with production engineers in a fast paced and highly innovative manufacturing setting.
- Maintains accurate records, logs and spare parts inventories.
- Communicates day-to-day events, direction, and repairs both written and verbally, through logs and pass downs.