This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in an ambitious infrastructure strategy to improve and renew elements of the Uppingham School estate.
The Uppingham School estate covers 125 non-contiguous acres, almost one mile apart at its extremities and interspersed by town housing and retail properties. It includes 59 acres of playing fields, 14 acres of gardens, and a built estate of 80 buildings with an insurance replacement value of £200 million, whose combined external footprint is 775,000 sq ft, and of which 23 are listed (Grades I - II). Buildings include teaching blocks, assembly buildings, boarding houses, staff housing, administrative and technical accommodation, and sports facilities.
The Estates Compliance & Asset Manager will work proactively with the Estates Department to establish and maintain a safe and statutory compliant environment for pupils, colleagues and visitors.
They will support the Estates Team by providing operational management, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, auditing and statutory compliance services relating to the management, safety and development of the estate. The importance of record keeping, auditing and statutory compliance of the built and landscaped environment is at the heart of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the school is compliant at all times with all relevant legislation, regulations and statutory testing
- Creating, implementing and delivering a comprehensive risk-based compliance monitoring programme
- Creating and maintaining clear and accurate data to communicate compliance targets, status and actions at all times
- Negotiating contracts for service delivery and ensuring service delivery contracts meet their contractual obligations
The ideal candidate will need previous experience of a compliance and / or facilities / property management role in a large, multi-site organisation, with multiple stakeholders, ideally within the education sector. They will also need excellent working knowledge of legislative compliance requirements with experience of compliance inspections, auditing, risk assessment and report writing.
Experience of term-maintenance / compliance contract procurement and management and budgetary management experience is equally important.
In return, Uppingham School offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School's private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff.
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts (via Sodexo platform)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a "Disability Confident" employer
- Recognised as a "Mindful" employer
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 28 th January 2022.
Interviews will take place on 16 th February 2022.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.