Facilities Manager / Machine Tool Buyer
32,000 to 38,000
A specialist Subcontract Manufacturing/Engineering company specialising in Multi-Axis and CNC Machining (CNC Milling and CNC Turning), serving a variety of sectors including Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Medical just to name a few.
A customer focused, quality led, growing company who invest yearly in state-of-the-art machine tools, equipment, and staff development.
With yearly investment into state-of-the-art Quality & CNC Machine Tools from the company owners and a continuous drive for automation/lights-out machining, the company is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager / Tool Buyer, enhancing the Production department for the Aerospace division.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Facilities Manager / Machine Tool Buyer.
The role is a site-based position although the ideal candidate would be expected to travel from time to time to suppliers.
The role consists of researching, selecting quality goods and services, building relationships with suppliers, and negotiating with them for the best price, quantities and delivery timescales whilst ensuring the supply of goods into the business is managed effectively, efficiently and at the lowest possible cost.
All contact details will be provided as necessary with a list of existing suppliers.
The role requires someone who can work both individually and as part of a team, liaising with both Production and Management.
- You will be tasked with helping to deliver a professional procurement and PPM coordination service to the Aerospace division of the business.
- Coordinate machine maintenance and implement PPM schedules for Facilities and Production equipment.
- Review and interpret information, advising Production and Management of appropriate action to be taken.
- Communicate with Management to ensure they are kept up to date with relevant developments considering changing needs, feedback and/or current best practice thinking.
- Successfully manage supply chain of a medium sized supplier base; re-negotiating where applicable on existing suppliers and improving supplier terms, contracts, and pricing.
- Assist Finance team in setting budget forecast including any capital requirements and KPI impacts.
- Carry out full tenders as required and prepare total cost of ownership models.
- Monitor systems, processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Follow all relevant policies, procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner and to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with key suppliers to obtain the best value, availability, and lead times.
- Understand market trends that will have an impact on the business, reporting on any movements in price or changes in terms being offered.
- Manage supplier relationships including quality and supply issues, improving supplier performance, and building successful supply chain partnerships.
- Complete the internal supplier approval process to ensure that all suppliers meet the relevant business standards, and all relevant certification and records are up to date and recorded.
- Manage and keep the in-house ERP system updated, collate, and analyse data, produce reports to support the decision-making process.
- Co-ordinate compliance to onboard new suppliers.
- Maintain positive working relationships across the business with both internal and external parties to deliver excellent customer service.
Skills & Attributes:
- Supplier and Contract Management
- High degree of energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- High degree of computer literacy (competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Data Analysis with the ability to keep the in-house ERP system updated.
Hours of Work:
- 39hrs per week.
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 3pm.
- 20days holiday + bank holidays, rising as below:
- After 2 years' - 22 days.
- 3 years' service - 23 days.
- Service between 5 - 10 years - 24 days.
- Service between 10 - 15 years - 25 days.
- Service between 15 - 20 + years - 26 days maximum
- Statutory Pension (NEST).
- Free on-site parking.
- Free tea/coffee & fresh fruit provided.