Our client is a leading global systems provider of advanced integrated technology in parking management systems. They develop, manufacture, distribute and service equipment and have a tradition of innovation and invention.
Due to ongoing expansion they now require a Field Service Engineer to work primarily throughout the South West of England - Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
- You will install, commission, service, repair and provide PPM on a range of parking solution technologies - hardware networked electro-mechanical systems & digital suite of products & solutions.
- Work to response / fix times and complete the required paperwork.
- Carry out technical upgrades and site surveys and provide telephone technical support for customers and perform basic customer training.
- Liaise with internal and external customers at all levels, contribute to a service minded and client-oriented approach focused upon the end-user's satisfaction.
- To apply you should have experience in a service or field service or site / technical support role, working on electronics, electro-mechanical or PC-controlled capital equipment.
- Ideally, but not essentially, you will have a technical qualification, such as City & Guilds 224, 236, NVQ / ONC / OND / HNC or HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical / Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- You should have strong board level electronics fault finding and service skills.
- Experience of repairing and installing networked car parking systems / solutions / off street / pay on foot equipment, barriers, gates / gating, ANPR, automatic doors, access control or ticketing / payment machines, note validators, coin mechanisms or fare automation systems is advantageous, but not necessary.
- You may have worked in the Security Systems - CCTV, Access Control, Alarm or Transportation / Mass Transit - Revenue Collection / Ticketing or ATM, Biometrics, Vending or Leisure / Gaming sectors. The ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) sector / Traffic sector, or perhaps a Systems Integrator or capital equipment manufacturer or a technical company who deliver project solutions to the public sector for e.g., NHS, Police, Local Authorities or Retail sectors.
- Vending Operators keen to progress into engineering with some basic aptitude / experience will also be considered and Armed Forces candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Full product training will be offered.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that constantly invests in best-in-class technologies to ensure they remain at the forefront of their chosen markets. You will be exposed to the latest networked / cloud electro-mechanical equipment/ ecosystems.
You will be joining a talented group with a shared vision of delivering consistently great results for their clients and partners, as well as ensuring the culture is fun & inclusive. They have a solid order book and an established customer base.
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation who encourage motivation through excellent education and training opportunities, transparent structures and flat hierarchies.
A basic salary of £30,000 p.a. + van available for personal use + 33 days holidays +
+ paid overtime / call out + mobile & laptop + PPE + life assurance + pension - company pays 5% available after probation period.