Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers' mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets.
The Ultra Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems
About Ultra Group
Ultra is transforming. Our mission is to innovate today for a safer tomorrow. We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers. We are Ultra.?
We provide innovative, mission-specific, bespoke technological solutions to our customers' most complex problems. We provide systems for the maritime, C4ISTAR-EW (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, acquisition and reconnaissance - electronic warfare), military and commercial aerospace, nuclear, and industrial sensors markets.
With 4,000 employees, we span the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange
About Ultra Cyber
Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges in order to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters. It's why we come to work. It's what we are good at. We pride ourselves on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities.
Gloucester or Greenford
FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products within the Ultra Communications and Integrated Systems business.
* Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
* Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
* Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
* Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
* Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
* Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
* Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
* Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
* Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
* Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees. We offer:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Generous Pension Scheme
* Up to 4 x your annual salary in life assurance
* Bonus scheme
* Flexible working
* Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle (retail vouchers, GymFlex, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
* Good transport links (in walking distance to London Underground Central Line stations)
* Onsite, subsidised canteen
* Social groups including five-a-side football, squash and running
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible