Are you a Health Safety and Environmental Officer looking to join a successful and growing company?
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. They are offering career progression and an opportunity to work with like minded people within a supportive team.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Capable of taking responsibility for company EHS matters, covering but not limited to:
- Risk, PUWER, CoSHHand Impact Assessments
- Initiate Accident/ Incident Investigation Reports
- Report SHE activity progress and matters of concern of the Head of Department
- EHS inspection and audit
- Continuous improvement of EHS policies, processes and working practices
- Implementing emergency procedures
- Support the SHE Committee and EHS Boards
- Communication and Engagement at all levels to embed EHS Culture
- Management of on-line training package; DSE application
Knowledge and experience:
- Degree educated or relevant experience in a similar role
- Recognised professional membership such as IOSH or similar
- At least 3 years professional experience
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental law
- Manufacturing/Production experience would be ideal, although not essential
- ISO 14001/45001 understanding
- Willingness to embrace personal development
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
With a reputation for providing innovative underwater systems for the Royal Navy (RN) and export customers, AEUK operates from our Headquarters on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset. Through science, engineering and R&D we convert data into information, knowledge and capabilities that challenge the status quo, and offer winning advantage at the frontline.
Our people are at the heart of our success, an open and stimulating workspace empowers and encourages our people to be creative and act with integrity. Despite our continued growth, AEUK pride ourselves on retaining a friendly and welcoming culture.
As well as boasting a substantial benefits package, we offer progression and personal development opportunities, competitive remuneration, flexible working and a generous pension scheme.
The continuous investment in our unique in-house test and integration facilities has supported AEUK s growth in supplying UK and global markets with submarine and ship systems. This includes sonar, autonomous systems, marine electric actuation and mine counter-measures. Our Portland Harbour waterside facilities provide an excellent environment to test systems at sea. As a leading innovative maritime systems company, AEUK operate throughout all phases of the acquisition and engineering lifecycles, from concept to In-service Support.
- Competitive salary
- Career Development and Training
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after 5 years employment and 30 days after 10 years)
- Dental Cover and Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working patterns
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).