Our client is one of the UK s leaders in designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting-edge plastic products. They are looking for someone to step into the role of Lead Engineer and grow with the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Engineer to join this well-established business with an impressive portfolio of clients.
Key Accountabilities of the Lead Engineer
- Using engineering skills to positively influence and develop a team of up to 7 engineers and provide support to the Engineering Manager and Supervisors.
- Responsible for planning changes to the equipment, carrying out those changes and then proving them in production and training line personnel to use any changes to maximum effect.
- Ensure that all issues raised by the setting staff are dealt with effectively to avoid downtime or scrap situations.
- Ensure that all costs are approved following the correct company procedures.
- Have PLC s and HMI Experience.
- Check the quality and carry out PPM s on the equipment.
- Carry out installations and projects on new and existing equipment.
- Complete specified reports and act on any issues raised.
- Complete and monitor all necessary reports on the performance of team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- City & Guilds / NVQ / ONC Electrical engineering (or equivalent)
- Proven track record of supervising a team within an electrical maintenance environment.
- Previous experience of managing/prioritising a varied workload.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the client.
- Proficient with MS Office.
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply for the Lead Engineer Position by submitting your CV