The Logistics Specialist is accountable for providing quotes, order management, and being the liaison between the carrier and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Freight quoting of all full truck loads.
- Order Management:
- Coordinate with carriers (date changes, late trucks, etc.)
- Monitor LTL and parcel shipments and communicate delays to Sales Support Team
- Arrange transportation on returns and file claims
- Support regional service centers
- Support Supply Chain projects
- Communicate with customers/sales as needed to assure optimum service levels.
- Communicate and work as part of a team with other Satellite groups to meet company objectives.
- Coordinate and work with distribution and service centers to address any Transportation driven issues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and assure compliance with company and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Approve, decline, detention, and layover ancillary charges.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates or bachelors degree in business or relevant experience required
- Minimum of three years previous transportation/logistics experience preferred
- Previous experience utilizing ERP software preferred.
- Geographic knowledge of the United States
- Proficient in MS office
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Results-oriented through project management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-directed while being a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent Decision-Making skills.
Powered by JazzHR