At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare's complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere-inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let's help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This person manages the Quality Engineering group, and grows an organization that is equipped to reach across the company acting as emissaries for the Product Quality mission. Quality Engineering is responsible for developing quality metrics and helping the company apply them intelligently and consistently. Quality Engineering is broadly responsible for or a stake-holder in Product Quality; Data Quality; Process Quality; Solutions to challenging quality problems; Design for Quality in new product; Organizational input to QRB; Organization of Enterprise data for quality; Functional specification of Quality enterprise software.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Serving and proponent for quality across enterprise
- Providing metrics and guidelines to functions to assist in trending and improving quality
- Applying metrics to measure quality and metrics to trade quality off against other attributes of a successful enterprise ("cost of quality")
- Maintaining a prioritized list of quality initiatives on three levels
- Product quality - Analysis of product failures and reliability opportunities; metrics; deep failure analysis; assistance in project management of projects that address said failures; metrics of improvement
- Data quality - Understanding and analysis of how the enterprise acquires and processes raw data to derive action priorities and plans; development of data quality vision and negotiation for the gradual adoption of that vision throughout the enterprise. This requires understanding of how IT and Operations manage and input quality data, as well as cost-benefit trade-offs for potentially costly "perfect data".
- Process Quality - analysis of processes that affect product quality, or guidance to others to analyze their processes.
- Project management help for a series of Product, Compliance and quality projects.
- Reaching forward into new product; affecting future quality through current design activities:
- Working with NPD to develop measurable goals for quality "Design for Quality" proponent and mentor for New Product Development.
- Support for deep technical failure analysis and analysis of challenging quality issues
- Generation of input for QRB, including managing the quality of other organizations' input.
- Review of quality data collected regularly and setting of priorities
- Gathering and making available to enterprise customers a routine set of quality data their weekly use (standard quality reports)
- Manage group of Quality Engineers and support them through their day to day responsibilities
Competency Requirements: In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- Impeccable integrity
- Minimum Education: Engineering with Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the quality arena with a complex medical device product, or equivalent quality background (from school)
- Proven ability to build and manage teams and to project-manage cross-functionally
- Strong analytic skills as proven by track record for analyzing and fixing complex problems in products and processes
- Training or commensurate experience in the science of quality
- Proven ability to lead and motivate across functional boundaries
- Proven ability to manage through conflicting requirements and make difficult trade-offs when resources are scarce.
- A passion for doing the vital thing, efficiently and well
- Excellent judgment in the presence of competing priorities and incomplete data
- A strong desire to make work fun
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws. Shift :
Shift 1 - Day Travel :
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day