VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Common Retail Services (CRS) is adding an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead the Common Vehicle Inventory software engineering teams in Austin, TX.
Learn More About Us
- We Are Cox Automotive
- The Connected Cox Automotive Story
- Transforming the Auto Industry
- Cox Conserves
- From the SVP of Product & Engineering
Who We Are + What We Do
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an essential role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are an energetic team that builds world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers, and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, youll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward great results. Woven into the fabric of everything we do, youll find collaboration and support; evident across 24-hour Hackathons, brain-storming sessions, and sprint reviews, all while immersed in an environment that encourages innovation and creative mindsets.
Giving back to the community is vital at Cox Automotive. As a result, we provide you with time to volunteer at local charities during working hours.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading, growing, and developing a team of innovative Software Engineers in designing, implementing, and delivering high-quality software products. To be successful in this role, you must lead effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. Therefore, this position requires robust technical, design, communication, and collaboration skills. Over the next couple of years, we have aggressive goals and are looking for candidates with a passion for solving enterprise problems and a can-do attitude!
Leads a team to provide high-quality, maintainable software that meets business and technology needs.
- Must be able to influence other software and IT managers to design and build solutions that meet our needs.
- Manage career progression for team members, including hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, coaching, and all duties generally associated with a hiring manager.
- Represent your team in strategy and planning meetings.
- Work with your team to plan, design, implement and operationalize innovations and improvements to existing programs.
- Work with your team to continually improve their processes and develop the best agile development practices that deliver value to our stakeholders.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting plans, decisions, and task ownership.
Whats In It For You?
Excellent question and we have some unique answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance, and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human-powered. So, its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also essential to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know youre always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, youll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care, and esports.
- Youll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We dont believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- Youll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us. We strive to bring out the best in everyone, and our dedication to culture means that youll be empowered by - and will, in turn, empower - some of the finest colleagues in any industry.
- Youll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but its true. Across the Cox family of businesses, weve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships, and employee volunteer opportunities.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
- Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience architecting large software solutions.
- 3+ years in managing direct reports.
- Demonstrate experience executing Agile methods for software product development.
- Very strong business analysis, system analysis, or product analysis skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to change.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
What We Look For
- High energy, confident, ambitious, and self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to lead a team to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development.
- Servant leadership - we want you to empower your team members and remove roadblocks for them.
- Desire to mentor and help our team members grow.
- Strong focus on delivering high-quality, scalable products.
Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like , Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at .
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.