A Managing Director is required to lead a UK and European division of a global warehouse automation, manufacturer and integration company. The company is rapidly expanding and requires an experienced senior manager to lead the company.
The position of Managing director will include:
- Define and execute the company's strategic plan.
- Review the business objectives and ensure the teams structure in well placed to achieve its goals and projects.
- Lead senior technical managers and engender a joined-up thinking which ensures projects are costed, proposed and delivered in accordance with the specification and delivery milestones.
- Stay abreast of all in-progress projects, and upcoming projects, ensuring that agreed project terms can be met, both in terms of cost, timeframe and handover.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and continuously review up to date projects costing in line with milestones and strive to obtain staged payments in accordance with the payment plan.
- Be aware of any challenges which may affect the project outcome and ensure your teams are equipped to mitigate these before they become problematic.
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management and continually review the head count and technical resource required to achieve financial and medium to long term growth objectives.
- Be a level headed leader, able to lead a team handling an array of complex engineering projects throughout the UK and Europe.
The suitable candidate for this Managing Director position will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Senior management experience, working as Managing Director, Operations Director, Engineering Director within the automation sector.
- Proven background of leading technical teams to deliver high value automation projects.
- Business related degree/MBA, and/or technical qualification in engineering is highly desirable.
- Experience of leading a business with a turnover of c 75m
If you have the suitable experience for this Managing Director position, then please click on the link to apply.