Manual Machinist - Grinder
A leader in the precision machining sector, established for over 70 years, are looking for experienced Manual Machinists to join their team in the Grinding department.
The company offers excellent working conditions alongside a team of other highly skilled workforce.
The workload will be interesting and varied, as this company serves various industries such as Space & Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Electronics, and many others.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of using grinding machines, either cylindrical or surface, previously
- An ability to read and understand engineering drawings is vital and you are likely to either have an engineering qualification or alternatively relevant industry experience
- The ideal candidate will be dexterous and good with their hands. Our specialist materials and components are fragile and very expensive, so a careful and thoughtful attitude is vital
- Some knowledge to metrology such as the use of verniers, micrometres, callipers etc is necessary
- As a busy precision engineering company, the candidate must be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Toolmaking experience would be helpful
Skills & Attributes:
- Manual machine operator
- Cylindrical/Surface Grinding
- Engineering background
- Ability to understand engineering drawings Working knowledge of measurement techniques
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company Pension Scheme
Hours of Work:
- 38hrs per week, plus overtime (x1.5hrs weekdays, x2hrs weekends)
- 14.00 to 18.00 p/hr
- Flexi start & finish times with the hours of:
- 6am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday & 6am to 12pm, Friday