A Manufacturing Engineering Manager job in Charles City, IA is available through Modis Engineering. You will be responsible for all phases of capital project management from conceptual estimate and design to construction, commissioning, start-up and close out. Project scope, financial spending forecast and schedule development are all responsibilities of this role. You will research alternative in order to offer the customer the lowest cost option while maintaining compliance with all codes and agencies. You will interact with management and site "customer" groups to establish and define requirements for assigned facility, utility, packaging, and manufacturing projects. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager job responsibilities include:
• Communicates regularly with project owners, customers and key stakeholders, including Maintenance Manager, Director-EMU, Director - MFG, on project timelines, issues and progress. Ensure frequent communication and conducts regularly scheduled meetings between Project Team and other stakeholders.
• Develop conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules for assigned projects from concept through validation. Projects include electrical, automation, piping, rigging, utilities, etc. Development along with assistance from the project sponsors the preparation of the Capital Project Appropriation requests (CPAs). CPAs to include project description, justification, cost estimates, budget, schedule, analysis of alternatives and other required information.
• Select, manage and coordinate the efforts of design consultants and firms as appropriate. Manage and coordinate (with site customers, employees and other personnel) the efforts of construction management, general or trade sub-contractors to ensure the successful (i.e. safe, timely, high quality, cost effective, legal) implementation of assigned projects. Coordinates all activities with building departments/inspectors. Interfaces with the Company Global Engineering Services to ensure project compliance with applicable GMS standards and comply with the Company Quality Standards.
• Develop "Request for Proposal" documents for design services, construction services and major equipment items as appropriate. Utilizes CPMP principles for project. Project definition, project concept, preliminary and detailed design, construction and commissioning/verification and close out. Develops Capital and Expense budget requests for future projects during annual budget cycle.
• Administer, resolve, and control all design, construction, contractual and financial issues on assigned projects. Ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements are met on assigned projects. Completes assigned projects by starting-up and checking-out all new equipment and systems, inspecting construction, developing and ensuring complete resolution of "punch list" items.
• Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and engineering technology as applied to facilities and equipment design, construction and plant operation.
• Generate request for proposals for purchased equipment and services as necessary. Generate quotes for equipment and services. Procure, track and close out project equipment and services purchases.
• Provide or arrange for development of complete design documentation for assigned projects. Prepares documentation necessary for project approvals. Generates change control documentation as required by project commissioning needs. Provides qualification documentation for assigned project as applicable.
• Arranges for training of involved maintenance and operating personnel and obtaining and properly distributing all appropriate testing, certification, validation, "as-built", spare parts, operating or maintenance manual documentation and drawings. Works closely with Reliability Engineer that develops Life Cycle Cost. Modeling and Statistical Analysis for equipment design and selection. Receive input of "Design for Reliability" with respect to equipment specifications that create project approaches which minimize life cycle costs
• Associates or Bachelors level degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, preferred) with four to six years experience in a manufacturing environment for pharmaceutical/ food or industrial construction. Long term manufacturing project management experience required. PMP Certification or PE License preferred
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Company Core Beliefs.
• Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the Company organization.
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineering Manager job in Charles City, IA then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records