Material Handler II
Date: Jun 6, 2021
Location: Aurora, IL, US, 60504
- Load, unload, move, count/pick, stack and stage product and materials using a sit down or stand-up forklift or other MH as required.
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Inspect any assigned equipment on a daily basis. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following work methods and OSHA standards. Drives electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, evaluating platforms to lift or stack products or materials.
- Assist in maintaining/promoting the safety of the warehouse. Report issues and problems to management. Will support and abide by the company's safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Accurately pull and prepare product for shipment.
- Responsible for filling out all documentation correctly and clearly.
- Inspect all materials during picking, shipping and receiving to ensure product number accuracy and material is free of damage. Report any discrepancies.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security is maintained. Assist in physical inventories.
- Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions, especially customer service, transportation, and maintenance.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): N95 Respirator, lab coat, safety shoes, safety glasses, bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, and nitrile gloves
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic information of the position
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Excel and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of manufacturing/distribution operations experience required.
- At least 1 year of documented forklift experience is required.
- RF scanning equipment experience is preferred.
The work is classified as Medium Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept. of Labor's Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
- Lift up to 55 lbs. on a frequent basis 6 inches off Ground to Waist.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis Waist to Shoulder.
- Carry up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 10 feet.
- Carry up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis up 2 stairs.
- Sitting - Occasional
- Standing - Continuous
- Walking - Frequent
- Bending/stooping - Frequent
- Work with known allergens - Frequent
- Most common allergens found in the plant/warehouse environment include, but are not limited to, milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanut and tree nut
- Work with powders - Continuous
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.