Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Sherburn in Elmet North Yorkshire
This vacancy presents a brilliant opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a forward-thinking organisation who are a global leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of electric vehicles and is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client is a multiple award-winning Automotive Manufacturer who is at the forefront of Electric Vehicle technology and dedicated to a sustainable future. It is a very exciting time to join this growing company who are looking for someone to be part of their exciting journey.
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Role:
- Support of supplier base ensuring regular meetings and the issuing of relative minutes
- Participation in purchasing matched pairs to ensure component delivery.
- Support the creation of 3D CAD geometry against programme timing
- Support the resolution of complex engineering issues.
- Support Problem Definition and Root Cause Analysis through Interim and Permanent Corrective Action
- Help create timing plans and the management of their introduction to agreed timelines with a cross-functional team.
- Maintain and update documentation to ensure accurate records are kept of investigations, communication, and actions.
- Responsibility for the creation of clash-free CAD geometry ensuring designs meet all Manufacturing and service requirements.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure adherence to Design Standards
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Degree-level education or relevant experience in an engineering field such as automotive, Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years recent experience in relevant discipline
- Proficiency in generating and presenting technical material concisely to suit the audience.
- An ability to work on multiple ongoing projects and changing priorities.
- CAD system knowledge, Solidworks/Catia or similar
- Experience of new product development within the automotive industry for worldwide market requirements
- Ability to be flexible based on business priorities.
We re looking to speak with suitable Mechanical Design Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team.