- Newly created position - Make the role your own!
- Career advancement opportunities available
- Stable, successful family owned Gold Coast business
About the Employer
Our client is a highly successful Gold Coast engineering business, who specialise in the manufacture, installation, design and project management of one-off projects for the food processing industry, along with general engineering services for large and small companies alike. They have been in operation for over 25 years, and have developed a reputation for uncompromised quality, reliability and design. Their dedicated team have a range of qualifications and expertise to ensure they complete every project with precision and excellence.
About the Role:
A newly created position has now become available for an experienced Mechanical Design Draftsperson who is passionate about the designs they produce and the quality of their work. Working closely with the Management and Sales team, you will be capable of taking ideas and turning those into designs and drafting concept layouts and detailed drawings of bespoke plant and equipment for various material handling and processing systems for the FMCG sector. This position does have the potential to grow into a project management capacity for the right individual.
- Rare opportunity to work on one off designs and projects
- Competitive salary package on offer
- Hands-on and varied role with variety
- Design drafting of concept layouts through to detailed drawings of plant and equipment for various materials handling and food processing systems
- Production of bills of materials and build specifications required for manufacturing
- The ability to create quality accurate detailed drawing packages from equipment and process concept drawings for workshop and/or third party assembly to support project timelines
- Working with the Design Team, Project Managers, Workshop Personnel, Client Representatives and Suppliers to meet the required goal
Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Demonstrated experience and competence in 3D CAD - (Solid Edge, Solidworks)
- Proficient in MS Office particularly Word and Excel
- Proven experience drafting to Australian Standards, Codes and Specifications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, internal and external customer service and proven ability to relate to clients and suppliers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a practical and logical thought process
- Ability to set priorities and work independently whilst remaining focussed on individual task timelines
- Strong problem solving ability, with an eye for detail and a strong focus on quality outputs
- Experience liaising with a workshop and trade orientated environment to detailed and accurate specifications
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment and effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
Please note only candidates that meet our client's selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: LBMD1.0