Job Title: Mechanical Fitter x2
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: 36,231 + paid overtime + great benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54540
At Babcock, we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Fitter at our Rosyth site in Scotland.
You will join the team that is at the forefront of the Submarine Dismantling Project, providing a safe and environmentally responsible solution for the dismantling the UK's de-fuelled nuclear-powered submarines after they have left service with the Royal Navy.
As a Mechanical Fitter you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can provide you with one of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
Day-to-day, you'll carry-out planned installations, maintenance and removals of temporary and fixed mechanical equipment to support Laid up Submarines, Nuclear Facilities, Submarine Docking Periods and the Submarine Dismantling Programme.
- Removal of pipe systems in the submarine
- Removal of mechanical equipment in the submarine
- Assist in the management of materials to / from Submarine and Dockside boundaries
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, onsite at Rosyth with paid overtime and option for shift work with additional shift allowance.
Essential experience of the Mechanical Fitter:
- Agreement to work in areas which will expose individual to ionising radiation (radiation worker)
- A minimum of an ONC/level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
- Recent and relevant experience working in a similar service provider environment
- A recognised Mechanical Fitter/Turner Apprenticeship
Core Skills of the Mechanical Fitter:
- System Testing
- General Equipment Installation
- Basic Lathe, Milling and Drilling Operations
- Equipment and System Testing
- Equipment Dismantle, Survey, Overhaul Valves and Reassembly
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic System Overhaul
- Interpretation/Transfer of Info from Mechanical Drawings and Specs
- Pipework System Dismantle and Reassembly Procedure
- Boring/Facing Machines)
- Mobile Plant Maintenance
- Ventilation Systems Maintenance
- Hydraulic Systems Maintenance
Composite Skills of the Mechanical Fitter:
- HILTI fixings
- Tank lids
- Rod gearing
- Basic Maintenance
- Pipe Installation
- OPITO Authorised Gas Tester: Levels 1, 2 & 3
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.