GBP £44,000.00/Yr. Overview MET Tech Glasgow Accident Repair Centre Monday -Thursday 7.00am to 4.00 pm, Friday 7.00am to 3.30pm Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 Basic Salary with an OTE of £44,000
Lookers Glasgow Accident Repair Centre, who are Manufacturer Approved for VW Group, JLR, Volvo and Polestar are now recruiting for an Experienced MET Tech to play a vital role within our Bodyshop team. Working within a 20k sq ft Bodyshop, you will be tasked with repairing damaged vehicles in line with manufacturer's specifications.
Headed up by our fantastic manager Iain Murdoch who shares a wealth of experience within Lookers and working alongside a big team of talented technicians; You will receive training and guidance and development from the some of the best Manufacturer programmes available This role would suit somebody who has come from either a Bodyshop or Workshop environment and is keen to develop and progress their career in the prestige Accident repair sector.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering the highest quality of service to all our customers and with ambitious plans. At Lookers, we want you to be part of our continued success.Responsibilities
- Carrying out a variety of cosmetic repairs including stripping, refurbishing, and fitting parts to damaged vehicles
- Act as a multi-skilled Smart Repair Technician undertaking all aspects of repair as required
- Work effectively as part of a team of skilled Bodyshop Technicians
- Full use of PPE and adherence to health and safety requirements when carrying out repairs
- Adhere to manufacturer repair guidelines when carrying out repairs
For this role we are looking for someone who has had previous experience in a similar role and has completed a panel technician modern apprenticeship or equivalent. We would like you to have a working knowledge of automotive systems and the specific materials required for the repair process. You need to have an honest and diligent approach to work with the ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality of work. You will also need to have a full and valid UK driving licence.
If your skills and experience match what we are looking for, please apply today and a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch. Or, if you require further information about this vacancy, please email (url removed) Company info
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK & Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries plus;
- Enhanced holidays that increase with service
- Eligibility to join one of our car schemes
- Critical illness cover after 2 years and Life Assurance
- Smart Health - free access to support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- For some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus.
We strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people, and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So? What are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.