This position is eligible for a minimum of $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Mechanical Analysis and Test Department is responsible for ensuring the structural integrity and positive thermal margin of all RMD Products. From the preliminary concept to fielded weapon support, A&T delivers innovative and robust thermal analysis solutions utilizing methods ranging from classical fundamental & proprietary empirically based techniques to state of the art finite element methods and commercial computer codes; all complimented and validated by tests executed in a manner to ensure cost effective yet technically balanced solutions. A thermal analyst in the Mechanical Analysis and Test Department has a vast set of responsibilities related to heat transfer and fluid flow analysis of a variety of different types of hardware on all of the RMD projects.
The Thermal Analyst is responsible for detailed Thermal analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software. A thermal analyst of this salary grade is expected to have a level of technical competence with thermodynamic principles. The thermal analyst will be held accountable for completing his/her work within the agreed upon cost and schedule. Additionally, the selected candidate will be expected to present their work for peer reviews and to be a peer reviewer for other engineers' work. The customers of this position will typically include internal personnel and programs but may extend to external Government(s) personnel and programs. The analyst is expected to plan and support tests, perform data reduction and engage in thermal model correlation.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Perform Hand Calculations to determine scope of higher detail analysis models
- Perform detailed analysis to solve diverse program thermal challenges
- Perform peer reviews of all analysis to validate process and results
- Document results according to RMD standards
- Deliver results to customers (internal and external)
- Act as a technical leader (help define/refine and/or develop MA&T department technical processes and tools) and/or lead analysis/test teams
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelors of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- This position requires 2 years or more relevant professional work experience or an advance degree
- Academic or hands-on thermal analysis experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Earned Value Management System knowledge
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in Electronics Cooling Analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Demonstrated experience in leading thermal testing: Planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
- Basic understanding of CAD tools in order to facilitate finite element solutions
- Ability to document analytical assumptions, methodology and results in formal reports in support of stakeholder PDRs and CDRs
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.