About the Multi-Skilled Engineer:
Our client is seeking a multi-skilled engineer to join their well-established team in Barnsley.
The focus of the role:
- Is to work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum
- that all maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
Multi-Skilled Engineer will:
- need to work collaboratively with the engineering team, supporting and identifying means of improving plant productivity.
- ensure that any spare parts, materials, and equipment are available.
- be able to investigate and establish the causes of all breakdowns and machinery speed losses and record any repairs to ensure recurrent faults can be recognised.
The shifts available are as follows: Nights - Sun - Thurs = 22:00 - 06:00
The Multi-Skilled Engineer Candidate:
To successfully carry out this role you will:
- need to be multi-skilled preferably with an Electrical bias.
- Electrically you will be able to fault find on single and three-phase systems, servo motors and AC motors, sensors, and various control systems.
- There will be an element of electrical installation as required, typically lighting and small power.
- Knowledge of plc electronics desired.
- Mechanically you will be able to work on drive train systems, rollers, gearboxes, shafts, pneumatics, and some hydraulics.
- There is a requirement to be able to strip machine assemblies to component level and rebuild.
- also need to have demonstrated experience in maintenance engineering and show the ability to work off your own initiative.
Education to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent is preferred, but not essential as we would consider "time served" as experience.
You will be multi-skilled with an electrical bias and have strong communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
What will you receive?
- Pay negotiable depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday (increases with service) including a fixed Christmas break.
- Training support
- Access to health services
- Access to gym discounts
- Free parking
- Access to discounted shopping through Perkbox
- Online Holiday booking