Synergi are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join a leading FMCG/Manufacturing company based in Bedfordshire. You will be mechanically or electrically bias and have experience of working with invertors, control panels, pumps, motors, hydraulics, and gearboxes. The shift pattern will be Panama days and nights.
Reporting into the Site Maintenance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Using root cause analysis to determine underlying reasons behind problems and failures and act on the findings
- Proactively promote and comply with all health and safety regulations
- Be observant at all times and investigate any deficiencies observed or reported to you and highlight any work/spares needed that cannot be actioned immediately
- Work safely both on your own and as part of a team
- Use of internal system and be clear with communication of the work carried out, identifying issues and spares required
- Challenge any unsafe behaviour, especially around Food Safety and Health and Safety
- City & Guilds/BTEC or recognised Engineering qualification
- Safe electrical working certificate
- Previous experience in a maintenance engineering role and if you have worked in the Food industry before this would be a massive advantage
- Ability to complete basic work on 3 phase and single-phase electrical systems for general fault finding
- General fabrication skills and welding preferred
- Previous experience of working on steam and boiler systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems is preferred
- Familiar/trained with Food hygiene procedures
If this role sounds of interest to yourself please apply ASAP!